Matters of The Heart Show #4 for March 13th, 2019
Show Duration: 37 minutes
– Hosts: M. Renee, J. Diamond along with their Special Guest: Troy Scott
– You can now get the show on Google Podcasts App on Android
– You can hear this show on Amazon Echo Smart Speakers now via the New Spreaker Skill
– What is a Dysfunctional Family?
– What are the characteristics of a Dysfunctional Family?
– The effects of living in a dysfunctional family
– Dysfunctional Family Roles
On the show today:
What is a dysfunctional family?
– A family with multiple internal conflicts e.g. sibling rivalry, parent-child conflicts
– A family with multiple external conflicts e.g., alcohol or drug abuse, wrong influences
– A family that lacks the ability to realize that something is wrong
What are some characteristics of a dysfunctional family?
– Short is Idea and catchy that communicates theme that is not too long
– Descriptive to what the show is about
What are some effects of living in a dysfunctional family?
– Social isolation
– Difficulty expressing thoughts or feelings
– Low self-esteem
What are the dysfunctional family roles?
-The Enabler or caretaker
– Scapegoat or trouble maker
– The lost child or quiet one
– The Hero
For more info you can read the full article at https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/family/dysfunctional-family-what-it-is-and-what-its-like-to-grow-up-in-one/